In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Bar Harbor Fire Department

Bar Harbor Fire Department Building

Contributed by Bar Harbor Fire Department
MMN Item 17188 Item Details
Bar Harbor Fire Department Building
MMN Item 17188 Zoom

Description

This is the present day fire department as it looked in the 1930's. At the time this picture was taken the Chief was Roy Hamor. Several years ago a major addition was added to the building. The addition now houses the Police Department.
The building was built in 1912. It replaced the original wooden structure. The new building boasted stalls for the horses, coal bins, sleeping and kitchen areas, hose-drying racks and electric light.
Fred L. Savage was the architect of the building.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.